The perfect Festive snack. Or two.
After many years of making gingerbread and trying to perfect a recipe, that isn’t too sweet or too spicy – I have finally nailed a recipe that is delicious, and works a treat for everyone around the Christmas season.
If you would like to read further into my recipe (inspired by the lovely Tanya Burr) please see below.
You Will Need..
- 75g Unsalted Butter (Softened)
- 75g Dark Muscovado Sugar
- 1 Large Egg (Or two small)
- 1 1/2 tbsp of Golden Syrup
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda
- 200g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp of Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of Ground Ginger
- 1 tbsp of Black Treacle (This is the secret ingredient that makes the gingerbread all the more tasty!)
- Firstly, you must dust the surface you have chosen to use, with flour.
- Cream together the butter and sugar into a bowl, until light and fluffy.
- Add the one egg, the table spoon of golden syrup and black treacle along with the flour.
- Add the remaining spices and baking soda to form the correct mixture.
- Roll out the formed dough into a thickness of your desire, and use Gingerbread men cutters (or other festive shapes) until you have used all of the dough.
- Place the gingerbread men into the oven, on the middle shelf, for around 10-12 minutes depending on your oven. Oven should be set to 180o.
- Once the gingerbread are done, they should be crispy at the edges, and a lovely soft consistency in the middle.
- Dust with the remaining flour.